Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thank you, Kansas

Sometimes, I think Texas is backwards in its attitudes. Then, Kansas makes us look reasonable. Thanks, Kansas.

Kansas has yet again made itself a laughingstock. I sometimes wonder if they're trying to look stupid. If so, they're doing a helluva job.

Parents will have to sign off before their students can take a sex ed course. It's about empowering parents, according to the author of the proposal. Why not empower them more? Why not have them sign off on everything taught at school?

The last sentence of the article puts it all in perspective:

In November, after a debate that attracted worldwide attention, the board adopted standards that treat evolution as a flawed theory.


I guess next they'll be teaching manifest destiny as gospel truth. Damn, I guess I shouldn't give 'em any ideas. They're capable of anything in Kansas.

1 Comments:

Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yeah, Kansas-- it's the new Arkansas!

BTW when did you start working in government? Or am I just a daft bunny whose brain is fried?

You can drop me a line at Head_Ape at homail (dot) com.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares