Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lying liars

Ken Mehlman was back courting African-Americans only 43 days after the Administration's colossal failure after Hurricane Katrina. His message:

Mehlman urged the audience to give the Republican Party a chance, especially if they are dissatisfied with the quality of their children's education, housing or retirement options.


Wow. The Republican Party is going to improve education, housting, and retirement how? By dismantling the social safety net? By privatizing education and social security?

Of course, I'm not surprised. Deception -- no, let's call it what it is, lying is the modus operandi of the Bush Adminstration and its lackeys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael R. Herman said...

Check out my post on the same topic. I contend that Mehlman's "attempts" to court black voters is really an attempt to get moderate white voters to feel better about voting Republican.

The post is at:
The Agenda Gap

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Robert said...

Sounds like I would disagree with you on the issue of privatization of education (I'm in favor of it, within certain constraints), but let me assure you: The chances of the Republican party actually privatizing public education, on any significant level, are basically slim and none. This is the President behind NCLB, remember -- which doesn't exactly lay the groundwork for privatized education.

I've emailed my state and federal legislators about this (all Repub's) and they are all neatly skirting the issue. It's just too hot for them to handle. So if I were you I wouldn't worry about truly privatized public ed anytime soon. It's going to take an actual, bona fide conservative in power to make that happen; and whatever George Bush may be, he's NOT a real conservative, especially when it comes to education.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares