Monday, March 07, 2005

Newsflash! Funding probably linked to academic success

I've checked out several academic studies on funding levels and academic performance. Of course, from what I've read so far, the studies have shown that they're linked. Duh. But some people (hi, Jenny D.) don't seem to believe this self evident truth so we'll try the old fashioned way: with empirical data.

I'll be reading these books and scouring the evidence for proof. If you have any favorite studies, or other proof or evidence of any kind, please point the way in the comments section below.

And Jenny D., if you have anything to suggest that additional funding would be deleterious to the progress of American schoolchildren and thus to the future of the Republic, I truly look forward to seeing it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Thomas said...

What research says about unequal funding for schools in America -- Dr David Berliner

http://www.wested.org/online_pubs/pp-03-01.pdf

Good luck. I have spring break coming up. Maybe I will have time to join the "Education of Jenny D"

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jenny D. said...

I give up. In my last comment you might have noticed that I fully support equitable funding.

But I don't support inequitable teaching.

You still haven't said how long it will take Newark to have its kids test on or above grade level.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares