Friday, December 17, 2004

Another Congresswoman endorses change for NCLB

NCLB isn't going away. But I think some people have underestimated the broad support for change to the three year old Act. I have written in the past about members of Congress who support change; I've just found another.

Congresswoman Nancy Johnson (R-CT) said of NLCB: "We've had a lot of problems with it... We're trying to straighten it out." She still supports No Child Left Behind, but like a growing number of lawmakers, she has come to understand that the problems are very real.

Will that realization lead her to actively try to fix the Act? Doubtful, but I'll be watching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris C. said...

I think if changes aren't made during the upcoming renewal, small-but-realtively-wealthy states (such as Connecticut) will be the first to pull out of NCLB.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares